My lovely followers

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Its challenge day at My time to Craft

Hi Blog friends

Today is challenge day at My Time to Craft and the theme for this fortnight is

Make an Easel Card


I'm not big on easel cards and haven't made one for ages but I did enjoy making this card and I might just do it again soon. I think the only thing about easel cards is that not everyone (as in non crafters!) knows what to do with them. 

I made this card for my daughters birthday - her birthday is actually today - Happy birthday Alison.  Not that she'll be reading this because she's gone to Centre Parks in the Lake District for the week with her husband and little baby son, to celebrate her birthday (today) her husbands birthday (also today) and their wedding anniversary (also today) !!! 

I got some new papers through the week and just love them.  As soon as I saw this one - its sunkiss from prima - I knew what I was going to do with this card, isn't it great when that happens - certainly gets the mojo going


a close up of the detail

the base of the card
This is what I did

Papers - Sunkiss by prima
Stamp - Pretty bouquet by Lili of the Valley
Coloured with - Copics and Prismacolor pencils
Scalloped card - craftwork cards
Flowers by Prima and Wild Orchid crafts
Charm - a little complementary charm I got in a lovely little bag from My crafty heart  - ah thanks
Sentiment -  with Paintbox poppets from Crafters Companion
Diecut (behind sentiment) spellbinders
Ribbon - Carnmeal Cottage
pearls from my stash

So let's see you over at My Time to Craft with your easel cards and go on over and have a look at the other DT girls cards - we really have got some stunning cards this week

Iam enrering this card into the following challenges

Simon says -Lets Play Bingo - flowers/pearls/charms
Sweet stampin challenge - Anything goes
Lollipop crafts challenge - Anything goes
Hooked on craft - more than one fold
Thats me for now

Hugs

Judith x

11 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Real cute card hun, love the papers!
Hugs Shell xx

Wendy said...

Beautiful easel card Judith, love this image.
Wendy xx

Sue B said...

Wow! this is stunning Judith! what an adorable image and you've coloured her so beautifully! Love the papers and embellishments! it's a really pretty card!
I do love Easel Cards because you can fit so much more on them!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Such a gorgesous card, Judith. Thank you for sharing.

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is so pretty .. i love the papers
Lisa x

Becca Fabozzi said...

Such a gorgeous design, love that brown ribbon. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp.

Tracey T said...

Love the combination of colours on this pretty card - those flowers are just gorgeous! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Natali said...

Gorgeous easel card. Amazing paper combination with flowers. So sweet image with amazing coloring on it. Great Job!!
Thank you for joining us again at Sweet Stampin` with “Anything Goes” Challenge for this week and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali
(I have same candy if you interesting. Click on sidebar)

Jackie Thomas said...

Such a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing and joining us at Hooked on craft.
Hugs Jackie

Kim. said...

Such a pretty card, love the image and your colours are delightful. I really like easel card's but like you said I don't often think non crafter's get them.
Kim xXx

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin. This is such a pretty image and such a pretty card!