My lovely followers

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Calling all Brads! - oh I do like this challenge!!

Good morning all

Its another Wednesday which means I'm here with my DT card for Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

It's the turn of our lovely Ciska to host 
and she has come up with a wonderful theme

Calling all Brads!!

Now if you are me there's only one Brad that springs to mind - and you can pop on over to Fab'n'Funky Challenge blog to see him -definitely worth the visit - oh you have given us a treat this week Ciska!!!

The real point of the challenge of course is that you use brads on your project 
- me I like the other Brad 
(ha ha I sound like the gin lady on the Aldi tea advert - sorry to all you non UK ladies who haven't got a clue who the Aldi tea/gin lady is - such a funny advert!!)
Here's a youtube link
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCKgCkubGc0

.....anyway I digress 
Here's my Brad card!

The image is Handyman from Kenny K available here



Our Fab sponsor this week is Kenny K who has provided the DT with some 
gorgeous digis to play with and is also providing a fab prize
5 digis to the winner - how great is that!



I knew I had those cute little screw brad and thats why I chose to use this image they're my favourite brads (well except for the other Brad lol) - I thought they were just perfect and also my little tool charms - no there's nothing wrong with your eyes - they're not on the card - I found snowmen, sunflowers, sunglasses, hearts and flowers and dozens of baby bib charms that didn't get used on my grandsons christening invitations (make me an offer anyone!)- but no cute little hammers and wrenches - I know they're there somewhere......grrr

This is what I did....

Image - Handyman from Kenny K
Coloured with copics and prismacolor pencils
Papers -(blue) LOTV Bear Neccesities and (wood effect) - MME Dolled up
Card - Bazzill Basics
Brads - Creative Expresions
Twine - MME
Sentiment and label - LOTV
Dies for sentiment - spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies

So bring out your Brads -we want to see more like these ( and especially like the one on the challenge blog) after all every girl needs a Brad!!!

Challenges I'm entering with this card

KennyKsKrafty Krew - Anything goes (with a love twist)
Crafting by designs - anything goes
Divas by design - Die cuts
Pennys papercrafty - something old (brads and LOTV sentiment stamps) something new (digi and LOTV papers)

Have a great week 

Hugs Judith x





24 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,loving the image and fab papers.xxx

Ciska said...

To be honest Judith, the only reason I picked this challenge so I could post that image.....only joking ;) Love your masculine card, the wood DP works so well with your image!

Unknown said...

Hi Judith, wow this is one man power image...have this one but gosh not got to use it lately...it's an awesome card and the challenge I have to go into....yes I am enjoying my DT positions, busy but at the moment great....so know you know what I was talking about..xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous masculine card Judith, I love the layout and image. Beautiful brads.

Shirley said...

Great masculine card Judith! I love those brads, they are perfect for this card, as is the DP you used!

Carol Willis said...

Fabulous card Judith, love the image.
Hugs
Caz x

Sue said...

Thanks for making me smile Judith!
Your card is wonderful, such a great image and brilliant detailing. I love those brads but like you prefer the other one!
hugs Sue xx

Pat said...

Fantastic male card Judith, love the image and it goes so well with your backing papers and embellies.

Pat xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Judith, oh wow love your card the colouring is just fabulous and the brads look brilliant as part of your card design. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh What a fab Card. Off to have a look at my Brads. (I keep them in a box) Shame I couldnt have the real one kept in a box to play with!!!Love Hazelxo

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wow Judith this is fabulous, love your colouring and I think this guy could Brad a run for his money! Susan x

Claire said...

What a great card Judith - love the image which is coloured perfectly and I have to say resembles George Michael LOL!!! Hugs, Claire x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Awesome creation Judith and he is a bit of al-right. Love the layout of him and your card. Lol!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Pat K said...

...oh I'm having trouble typing, laughing so hard at the gin lady...tfs. Awesome masculine card Judith with a great design. hugs, Pat k x

Sue B said...

Oh I've never seen that advert Judith… just popped over to watch it… it's hilarious.. love the lady!!
Wow!! your card is awesome!! phwoar… he's a bit of alright!! what a fab image and you've coloured him beautifully. I love the wood effect and the screw brads!! it's a brilliant design!
I'm quite partial to the other Brad too!! ;-)
Big hugs
Sue xx
hee hee... just read Hazel's comment... love the idea of a "Brad in a Box" :-))))

Beccy said...

The screws look great Judith - loving this card.
Beccy x

Rach83 said...

Awesome card, Judith! I love the very manly image - he reminds me of my brother! Ciska has done a great job on the theme too.

Sending crafty wishes to all the Fab'n'Funkies!
Rachel x

meine-bastelarena said...

This is a fabulous male card Judith! Love your coloring, the papers and your brads. Hugs, Sujin

Wendy said...

Absolutely fabulous Judith, everything goes so well together and love your brads...well ok maybe not quite as much as the other one over on the challenge blog LOL...
Hugs
Wendy xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Judith I like the image and the design.
Kevin xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous Judith, love your card! Fantastic colouring and such a fun 'man' image. Awesome brads too! Perfect. Hugs, Wends x

Cindy Groh said...

I love this card. It is such a perfect male card. May I post a link to your card on my Manly Monday blog post? It's a post where I showcase masculine cards for my readers. LMK-Let me know. My email is grohcm at gmail dot com. Send a link with an email so I can find your card again.
Thanks
Cindy

Stacey said...

those screw brads are fab and a perfect match for this card. Lovely.
Stacey S
Kenny K Core4

NickScrapShack said...

This looks awesome love your colouring and colour combo. Love the use of string too.

Thank you for joining our challenge at Kenny K Krafty Krew. Good luck!
Nick
Team A(ll That)