My lovely followers

Thursday 7 August 2014

Are you ready for cute and cuddly and a KISS!?

Good morning all

We're back with our new challenge for the month at 

Crafty Little Fairies

and our theme for this challenge is 

Cute and Cuddly

I decided to make the most of this theme and make a Christmas card
with a cute and cuddly James bear from LOTV


I decided to go a little bit on the vintage side with this one
I used the MME lost and found papers as my inspiration and coloured James to match!
Just a few embellies and die cuts to finish and it was quite a quick card to make really.
My go to bear copic colours 
I used my black prismacolour pencil to tone the colours down - I always find this works well when trying for a vintage look - gives that dark worn out look - I wonder if someone's used that on me lately lol!!

Considering I was a bit lacking in inspiration when I started this one I was pleased with how it turned out
 - its what I call a KISS card - when I have no direction go for a KISS!

To enlighten those not in the know - it's the idiots Cas card!!!

Keep It Simple Stupid!!

This is what I did...
Image - James bear from LOTV
Coloured with copics and Prismacolour pencils 
Papers - MME Lost and Found Christmas
Shaped card - Craftwork Cards
sentiment - LOTV
Snowflake die and twine  - MFT
Label die - spellbinders
Buttons (under gems) - docrafts
Gems - from my stash
Distress ink - TH bundled sage

I hope you can join in with the Crafty Little Fairies this month

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Crafting by design - Vintage/shabby chic
Southern girls - Christmas
Charisma cards - buttons and bows
Delightful challenges - anything goes
Milk coffee challenge - use 2 or more die cuts

Hugs
Judith






12 comments:

Sarah said...

Adorable Judith and you've cracked the vintage look!! xx

Kim said...

gorgeous christmas card and love the cute image and those vintage papers
Kim x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is brilliant and thanks for the explanation of KISS Judith! Susan x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love the vintage look and James looks super cute

Anet's Crafting said...

Your shape card is beautiful Judith, I love that cute bear image and your colouring. Pretty paper. Have a wonderful weekend. Anet x

Sue B said...

Oh this is gorgeous Judith! I love the vintage feel to this card… your colouring of cute James is perfection! Fab card shape and the papers and embellies are very scrummy! :-)
Hope you are keeping well
Big hugs
Sue xx

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Judith, I love your adorable bear and lovely vintage feel.
Pauline
x

lovecraftingpaper said...

Hello, Judith,
thank you for become my follower!
This frozen teddy bear is lovely and really cuddly! And your Glenn is not frozen but he is cuddly all the same! ^___^
Hugs,

Mariangela

Desire Fourie said...

A beautiful Christmas design. Love the vintage feel.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Cat's sCrap said...

What a lovely vintage realization !
Adorble bear and perfect coloring. Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz today !

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Sandy Palmer said...

Aww, he is so precious! Your coloring is wonderful, and so is your card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Delightful Challenges, "Anything Goes"! :)

Pamellia said...

So gorgeous! I love the background paper and your wonderful snowflakes! How cute is that little bear! I think I want to hug him. lol Wonderful Christmas card! :)