My lovely followers

Monday 12 September 2016

Baby, Baby,Baby

Good morning all

I thought I'd just call in and share a couple of my baby projects from the past few weeks

My Grand daughter Eva was Christened last weekend and I designed and made the invitations

I used the lovely entwined dies from Leonie Pujol
- when I saw them I just knew they were perfect fo rthe purpose !

by the time Id finished making 25 I wasn't sure that they were quite the best choice! 
they were a lot of work- but I loved them anyway : )



As you'll notice they're not identical - but I decided to ring the changes a bit by varying the details - I like to do that with invitations - as I always say - they're not shoes - they don't have to match!!


My second make was bunting to decorate our conservatory - I made this with an assortment of papers and dies and I really loved making this, there was about 30 feet of it in total - no small task and I developed a system after I made the first 6 ft length far to complicated!

It was a totally girly - butterflies and flowers theme
- I haven't taken them down yet they just look so pretty
but they're going to be put up in her bedroom so all is not lost




I'm going to do a tutorial on how I made these - it was incredibly easy and very satisfying to see all the little finished pennants - and not 2 alike!  I cut the bunting at 6 inches and added a label to each then used a Tim Holtz alphabet die for the lettering and the butterflies and flowers were all Sara Davies English Country Garden signature collection dies, the hearts were the freebies from Crafter's Inspiration magazine.

They look so summery up around my conservatory - a real touch of summer
- I may need to make some autumn ones to replace them when I take them down
watch this space!!

hugs
Judith x








11 comments:

brenda said...

Not sure if I am on your Christening card post Judith as part way down I get a huge image right across your blog so I may be down in the next post, impossible to know. But your invitations looks lovely.

B x

Sarah said...

You should be mighty proud of yourself Judith, these are fantastic makes. The invitations are gorgeous, so intricate and unique. As for the bunting...wow...so pretty. I would love you to do a tutorial xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous invites and bunting Judith I hope you all enjoyed the day
Kevin xx

Kat W said...

I have been looking forward to seeing these projects as I do love cuteness and they most certainly do not disappoint; they are utterly beautiful and oh so pretty and girly.
The entwined heart dies look gorgeous on the invitations and it's lovely that they are all a little different.
I can see why you might find it hard to part with that fabulous bunting...I look forward to seeing the autumn edition - lol!
Big hugs, Kat xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Give yourself a pat on the back Judith, those invites and the bunting look awesome.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Alison said...

You've certainly been busy, Judith..!! The invites are delightful and your bunting is so pretty - what a lovely idea to put it up in Eve's bedroom.
Alison xx

cotnob said...

Wow! You've been busy Judith, your invitations are gorgeous and I love your bunting, it's so pretty.
Pauline
x

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

oh gosh these are amazing hun really beautiful design so delicate yet so effective,brilliant,love the bunting too,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Stamping Bubbles said...

These are lovely invitations Judith and the bunting is gorgeous. The bunting will make a lovely keepsake and remind your grand daughter of her clever grandma.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, that's a lot of work but well worth it! They are absolutely gorgeous! Love the bunting too!

Tracy Freeman said...

All so lovely, the bunting is so pretty. I hope you had a lovely day xxx