My lovely followers

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Snowflakes challenge at fab'n'Funky Challenges

Good morning lovely blog friends

Firstly I must thank all of my lovely friends who sent me such kind messages and left such comforting comments after my last post on losing my lovely cat Barney.  I really was so touched by your kindness and support, I  feel so fortunate to have had so much understanding and kindness shown.

I haven't so much as picked up a pen until I made this card last night but I've decided it's got to be onward and upward from here on, sad as I still feel I'm sure that creativity is a good healthy distraction.

Its our last challenge of the year over at 


Set by our lovely Rachel the theme is

Snowflakes

We are sponsored this week by 


and had some gorgeous images to play with 

I chose Flakey Friends which is the snowman image- available here


I also used one of the lovely background digis from Make it Crafty
Called little village scene available here

I had to photograph it in poor light last night so it doesn't show all the - way over the top - glitter that I used !

This is what I did...

Image - Flakey Friends from Stampart design by Kathryne
Background image -little village scene from Make it Crafty
Coloured with copics
Glitter glue - stickles 
Ribbon - vintage seam binding - crafty ribbons
Snowflake punch - martha stewart
Glass snowflakes - ebay (ages ago)
Sentiment - from the holiday stamp set at hot fudge studio
Dies for sentiment - spellbinders circles and scalloped circles
Kraft card - MFT

We hope you'll join in with our last challenge for the year - I'm sure there will be lots of snowflake cards around this week

Challenges I'm entering with this card

ABC Christmas challenge - make your own embelishments
Christmas at sweet stamping - Let it snow
Divas by design - anything goes
The sisterhood of crafters - Sparkle
Scrappers delights - Christmas
Partytime Tuesday - Winter wonderland

hugs

Judith  



21 comments:

Kerry said...

Beautiful...love the image So cute.
Kerry

Janice said...

A cute snowman and a super card Judith. Jx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Judith, I like the sweet image and the colours.
Kevin xx

brenda said...

A delightful winters scene Judith.

B x

Pat K said...

Beautiful winter card Judith...love how you merged the images. hugs, Pat K x

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Judith. I love the images and wonderful colouring.
Take care, sending you hugs
Sue xx

Debs said...

Hi Judith
Firstly I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved adorable Barney - he was sooooo handsome.
Secondly your card is fabulous love the scene you have created and the adorable snowman.
Take care
Debs xx

Evas Pyssel said...

It´s really a wonderful card with so beautiful details. I like when the snow glitters.
The snowman was here where I live som days ago , now he has melted away.
Hugs from Eva

Wendy said...

So gorgeous Judith, fabulous cute snowman and love the little village scene.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous Judith love it all! Crafting is definitely the best medicine! Susan x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is such an awesome creation sweetie. Card making has got me through lots of sad and bad in life.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Whisper said...

Oooo what a great snowy scene, Luv Sam x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, love the images & embellishments you have used
hugs shell xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! what a stunning scene you have created Judith… it's a real Winter Wonderland! I love the cheery snowman and all the gorgeous sparkles… it's a fab design! :-)
Hope you are doing ok hun
Take Care
Big hugs
Sue xx

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Gorgeous card, Judith, with such a lovely scene that you've created. So sorry to hear of Barney. Blessings and comfort to you dear. xx Kathryne

Rach83 said...

You've made a great image even more wonderful, Judith. I love this card and especially the gorgeous snowflakes too.

I can't thank you enough for all you've done to support me during my time at Fab'n'Funky. I'm sad to go but hoping that 2014 will be a brilliant year for you and the DT.

Rachel x

Rachel said...

What a fab card Judith, I love the scene! Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin this month, Wedgie xxx

Darlene said...

Such a cute image Judith and you've showcased it perfectly!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CHRISTMAS SPARKLE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Janice said...

Me again! Should have read the challenge list! Great Divas entry my dear and if I'm not back before Christmas, have a great one! Jx

Dawn said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the scene you created. Thanks so much for joining in at Christmas at Sweet Stampin!

Jayne A said...

Fabulous card.
Thanks for joining us as Diva's hugs Jayne