My lovely followers

Saturday 14 January 2017

#2017 - Happy Saturday! - happy planning with my crafty Happy Planner!!

Good morning all

I hope you're all warm and well this wintery Saturday morning
(well it's wintery in my corner of the world!)
We had a small amount of snow that only lasted yesterday
and I live only about a mile from the sea where there have been some spectacular tides crashing up
thankfully not doing any damage - but a wonderful display of nature

I't's been a busy week craft wise has this one!!
If you pop over to Fab'n'Funky Challenges you'll see we have some lovely new teamies.
Running a DT takes a lot of work sometimes and this was one of those weeks!
But I've got everyone up and ready on the blog and our new sponsors sorted for the year 
(well except one closed before the year started so  - we're on the lookout for someone to cover a couple of weeks! - - any offers or ideas lol
I've also been busying away with my new crafty goodies for the year
continuing with my 'crafting for a purpose' theme
and here's the beginning of the beginning - so to speak!

I got myself a lovely 365 Happy Planner (the craft version!)
and aim to use it!!

I started off colouring the cover, using my Clouristapens from Crafter's Companion
- they're great for this type of colouring if you've never tried them



I loved how it turned out but it wasn't really what I wanted
- it's a bit too .....nice ha ha

so I had a lovely couple of messy days and made some covers of my own design
and this is the one I chose to go with



Still quite flowery but in a messy sort of way 
and it says something about me and what I'm aiming to do with it
- not your bog standard planner cover

I used Sheena Stamping card and coloured it with my Ranger Dylusions paints in bubblegum pink, crushed grape, fresh lime and cherry pie - just sort of slapped it on with a baby wipe - it blends beautifully, I then stamped and painted in the details and dotted about a bit with the handle end of the brush - I loved the messyness of it! - a bit scary but very satisfying

The flowers are Sheena Douglass Day of the Dead Floral Fiesta
and I then layered up using the coordinating dies
- these Perfect Partner dies really are perfect!! 
I didn't want it too dimensional or 'big' because I wanted it to fit inside the plastic cover. After all if it's going to get regular use it needs to be hard wearing lol

After that I added just a few odds and ends, buttons, brads,beads and a key
and finally added the inspiring words which are again stamps from Sheena Douglass
I just stamped them very simply, cut them by hand and stuck them on  in a random way
and in the top corner die cut   -   #2017   - and that's what it's all about!!

I've started to decorate my pages as I go - I've even written i it lol
I'll keep you updated as I go 
.... I think this will be fun

The flowery colouring didn't go to waste, I liked it to  much!
- I've used it on the inside cover, which is still a work in progress



 - I'll show you the back another time!!

Why don't you join me - you don't need to buy a fancy planner, it could be done with any reasonabley sized diary - and they'll be reduced in price  by now as the shops scramble to get rid of them before the end of January

Happy Saturday, Happy planning

Challenges I'm entering with this card 

Challenge up your life - a self made background 17/1
Just us girls- all over stamping 20/1
art by miran - Anything goes 20/1
Creative artists mixed media - anything mixed media goes 30/1

hugs Judith 

xxx

19 comments:

Wendy L said...

Looks fab Judith. I have just started making Junk Journals, such fun, xxxx

Chris said...

Fabulous cover Judith, looks as if you've really enjoyed making this! Glad you used the original coloured one too...it's too pretty to waste!
Chris
x

Stamping Bubbles said...

This looks brilliant Judith. I have been contemplating create an art journal this year, just to try out new techniques etc. You have inspired me to give it a go.
Keep warm this chilly weekend. Surprise, surprise its raining in Manchester!!
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous covers for your planner, love the colours and beautiful design x

Kim said...

Fabulous designs Judith- love the rich colours too.
Kim x

cotnob said...

Your cover looks fabulous Judith, I love your version - I will look forward to seeing it progress.
Pauline
x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Two such awesome and beautifully coloured projects Judith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Donna Mosley said...

Love your journal cover Judith, so beautifully coloured and embellished x

Jan said...

This is fab Judith xx Jan

Carol S. said...

Love both designs and would be difficult to choose. Can't wait to see more. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pat said...

Great project Judith, love the colours both inside and out, gorgeous embellishments, sounds like you had a good time "getting messy". I'll look forward to seeing more of your planner through the year.

Pat xx

Judy Woodland said...

Well this is just beautiful. What a wonderful way to decorate your planner, stunning. I love the colors you have used too. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!!!!

Bobby said...

I love your mixed media cover, Judith. A lot of thought and detail went into it, messy or not. ;) Thanks for sharing this with us at Just Us Girls this week.

Jennifer said...

Love both your versions, Judith. Such a lot of work, so I'm glad you still used your 'flowery' one on the inside. Thank you for your kind words...have emailed you.

Hugs
Jennifer. xx

Debs said...

Fabulous colouring of your cover Judith and I love the finishing touches.
What a great idea to have a 'Happy Planner' - love the sentiment inside!!!
Thank you for popping by my blog and for your lovely comments - fingers crossed I will have more posts more often for you to visit lol!!!
Have a wonderful day.
Debs xx

Steffie said...

Danke, dass du bei CUYL dabei bist.
So macht das Planen gleich dopplt so viel Spaß!
Liebe Grüße
Steffie

Andree said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andree said...

A wonderful journal cover. The flowers and colour blends look fabulous.
Thank you for joining in with our January challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Wheelie Crafty said...

Pretty journal cover, I like all of the flowers, I love the blends of colours you have used as well...Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk