My lovely followers

Wednesday 25 January 2017

Hands up! - are you this crafty person lol

Hi all

I'm here to share my make do and mend/last minute panic/ card for the family member, card lol!

So come on lets take a hand count do you do any of these things

  • Make all kinds of things for no paricular reason
  • Mess on with no purpose at all with crafty stuff
  • Churn out DT cards apleanty
  • .... then find you didn't make a card for your husband/daughter/mother
  • - and its their birthday tomorrow ... EEEK!!


I have to admit that's me - usually
However with this particular card (I thought smugly ) I was very well prepared
Well it was the day before my husbands birthday and iI still hadn't made the card, but I had planned it, saw the perfect thing - just him to a T - it was the Sheena Douglass 'groovin' 60's collection.  my husband is a huge Beatles fan and grew up in the 60's so I could see great posabilities with these stamps. - so i went shopping at the Crafter's companion shop and a few sale items dropped into my basket too!

And here's the card - can you spot the deliberate mistake - perhaps not - dont those flower stamps and record player look fab lol


and that's where disaster struck!! - The day before his birthday I had a real fun time making the background with the tie dye and circle stencils and my distress inks, I stenciled the 'mod' from the mod stencil then I went to stamp the record player stamp and the flowers on the 60'd girl stamp.  - and there was the problem - I had had such fun looking through the sale pages on the website - I forgot to buy the stamps - EEEK.  Sothere was my card base with nothing to put on it.  I had a major panic - couldn't find a thing that would do instead but cut out the happy birthday banner, numbers and hearts to fill the space up but it just looked rubbish.  Then I looked at the cardboard packaging from the stencils and there were the flowers  the 45RPM and record player pictured on the front, so I cut them out - straight from the packaging - hey presto there was my card complete - Phew!!!

So use this as a cautionary tale - no more last minute cards : )
so let me start the hand count ... who's guilty lol

1,2,3,4.........hehehe




5 comments:

cotnob said...

A fab card Judith, lots of great details, well done for solving your problem - that's just the sort of thing I would do, forget to buy the stamps that is!
Pauline
x

Chris said...

OK Judith, I'll have to hold my hand up here, guilty as charged!
Love the card...what a brilliant save!
Chris
x

Whisper said...

Oooo what a great cool card, Luv Sam x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Great card Judith. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I never use to be like that but I am afraid to say I have started too .
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sarah said...

Yep...my hand is up too!! This is a great card, bet your Hubby loved it xx