My lovely followers

Friday 16 February 2018

Christmas is on the way so Poinsettias are the flower of the day!!

Good morning all

Ok - who's getting ready for Christmas lol!
In the craft world it probably starts inabout July - but if you want to make your own Christmas cards with lots of time to spare for this Christmas - you should start .... last month

At Winter Wonderland Challenge we encourage you to make cards all year round and we have a lovely new challenge starting today.  It's a special rememberence of our lovely Eileen who was our previous DT leader. She sadly passed away very unexpectedly this time last year.  So this challenge is just a little tribute from the team to a lovely lady. 

our theme is 

Anything Christmas Goes

our fabulous sponsors provided the team with some lovely images
and I just had to choose this lovely image
called Poinsettia available HERE


I printed it out 4 times and coloured it up with my Spectrum Noir pens trying to add a bit of realism with touches of red and green.  Then I fussy cut and embossed 3 of them  them using the basic flower shaping mold from Heartfelt Creations to give it dimension.  I really like how it turned out - I particularly like that the image isn't symetrical because it makes it look more realistic, that isn't the norm for me because generally I'm a pretty symetrical girl!

I wasn't 100% sure whether i liked this card totally white - so i cut two frames for it - this is the other version - what do you think? - black or white?
(yes the first one's a better photo lol)



Our sponsor for this challenge is

who are offering a  $10 coupon to spend in their store

This is what I did 

Image - Poinsettia from Imagine That
Printed onto copy paper
Coloured with  - Spectrum Noir pens from Crafter's Companion
Card - Sheena Stamping card and black card from Crafter's Companion
Embossing folder - poinsettia folder by Sue Wilson for Creative Expressions
Die cut (part of) Holly Latice frame also by Sue Wilson for Creative Expresions
Sparkler embellishment from Creative Expressions

Hope you'll join in with us this week at Winter Wonderland

hugs 

Judith x


10 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Judith, I love what you have done with the flower. Its stunning, Fab being your Teamine once again, Love Hazelx

Christine Harrop said...

This is fabulous Judith. It wouldn't be Christmas without poinsettias. Christine x

Jackie T said...

Hi Judith this is a stunning card that poinsettia is just so pretty and I love the embossing folder you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KraftyKoolKat said...

A real stunner Judith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful elegant card Judith..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Judith, they are both beautiful but if I had to choose a favourite I think it would be the white one - it is so elegant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol S. said...

Both are gorgeous Judith but as I love white on white, I must go for the white one. Your colouring of the flower is amazing! Very life like. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Pat said...

Beautiful elegant Christmas cards Judith, gorgeous poinsettias.

Pat xx

Craftyhugs said...

Judith this is Stunning! That poinsetta is amazing, it looks so lifelike I had to look twice. Didn't even know heartfelt did their own flower moulds but I do now lol. I love the white background as it really makes that flower pop and it's just beautiful. I love it xx

Pat K said...

Stunning elegance. Love it. xx