My lovely followers

Wednesday 24 October 2018

Who's started their Christmas shopping!

He he

I bet some of you are rolling your eyes and tutting at me right now : )

Yes I've started mine - but only just.  I decided to buy one thing last week that my son had asked for and it sort of snowballed!  I have to confess I've always been an advocate of online and shopping TV shopping.  it's so much easier just to pick up your phone and order something on an app then it gets brought right to the door - no queueing, no parking or trailing round with heavy bags for me.  My hubby says - that looks like a good book - bang its in my trolley at Amazon - no messing!!

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy going to the shops to buy for Christmas - I do but in a lot more relaxed way - because my heavy bags are being dealt with by the postman  I can stroll around the aisles humming along to the Christmas songs

Soo what about the Christmas cards - second qustion - have you started
I know I've lost you altogether by now lol ......

I started with good intentions this year making one a week - that lasted until at least February so I do need to get a wiggle on, I've probably only got about a dozen so that's my next aim.  I don't make all of them - just special ones for family and good friends and any extra's are a bonus. 

I've been struck down by the dreaded lurgy this past few days - a head cold is how I'd best describe it, sore throat, not a lot of voice, light headed, aches and pains a lot of moaning and groaning - and my ears are fizzy!! - if I was a man it would definitely be man flu! When I woke up and opened my eyes on Saturday morning the whole room was spinning, I quickly closed them again and thankfully when I peeked out again it had stopped - definitely can't be doing with that - but I digress...... 

This week our challenge
 at 


is

Christmas

It doesn't have to be a card - anything Christmas will do!


I first made this card a while ago and it was so quick and easy and a great one to use up scraps of card.  I remade a couple more this week to add to the ordinary Christmas card  pile.  It's very simply a small snowflake die cut in different card and colours and a few stars, gems and a bow - add the sentiment and it makes a pretty sparkly card

What I did....

Snowflake die - free with an old Crafter's Companion inspiration magazine
Seasons greetings die - Crafters Companion
Assorted star dies
Silver mirri card
Pale blue glitter card, white card and scraps of coloured card
Silver ink and a small bow ribbon 
and a selection of gems from my stash
3d glue gel to create a dimational wreath

Hope to see you over at Fab'n'Funky this week

Challenges I'm entering with this card

The holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - anything Christmas goes 5/11
the merry Christmas challenge - anything Christmas 15/11

hugs

Judith 

16 comments:

Kath said...

A beautiful card and lovely design. I always do most of my Christmas shopping either online or before the main Christmas shopping frenzy too!
Kath x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Firstly yes I have started but I am a fan of shopping in real shops otherwise more will close. I make all my cards for every occasion and the Christmas cards are coming on well. This is such a pretty delicate card.

Pat K said...

Beautiful card Judith. Great design and sparkle is always good for Christmas. Take card, Pat K xx

Chris said...

Yep, have started the dreaded Christmas shopping...only done the easy (and most important bits though)...everything seems to be for the granddaughters!
Hope you feel better soon, I'm just getting over that lurgy...bad news is Hubby now has it...and of course it's so much worse...
Beautiful card, that snowflake wreath is gorgeous!
Chris
x

Jackie T said...

Hi Judith this is a stunning Christmas card. Yes I have started my Christmas shopping. I hate leaving it until the last moment and I find that things run out quickly. Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Carol S. said...

I have both my sons' and daughters' birthdays first and only 4 days between them. I am making my cards though. A very pretty card and love the colours. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sarah said...

Yes...I have bought my first present!! I happened to spot a wrought iron and stained glass table at a garden centre that was perfect for my Mum so bought it there and then...tick!! I love the fabulous colours on this card Judith, really classy xx

Pat said...

Beautiful card Judith so lovely and sparkly. Hope you are feeling much better now.

Pat xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous colours and design...need to get a wriggle on with my Christmas cards and No not even thought to starting my shopping yet...lol
Hugs
Wendy xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

I adore this card Judith. Yes I have bought my first two presents this week. I have hopefully dealt with all my cards, not sending many handmade this year but bought & made ones are written. I have to get ahead as it is a busy time in the SA leading up to Christmas. Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Judith, I love your pretty snowflake wreath.
I've started my Christmas shopping, I'm determined to get it finished nice and early this year.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Evelyn said...

If this was your quick and easy card, I'd love to see the others! It's really pretty. Blue and silver always remind me of snowflakes. I love the added sparkles and the Season's Greetings die cut. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Merry Christmas Challenge Blog!

As for Christmas, most of my cards are finished. I send about 80 of them and hand make them all. I have not begun shopping, but have lots of garments and other items knitted and ready to give as gifts! :) I only shop online!!

Hope you feel better soon. Your crack about "man flu" brought a smile to my face!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Judith, the snowflakes look so sparkly. Think I need to make a start on Christmas everything!
Avril xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is so gorgeous Judith! I love the blue, it's icy and fabulous! Such a lovely Christmas card design. Thanks for your email too. Yay, happy me. Hugs, Wends xoxo

sendasmile4kids said...

I'm with you on the online shopping - nothing like it. I, too had very good intentions the beginning of the year with Christmas cards but low and behold I only have 8 made (Yikes!). The card looks like there is a lot of detail to it - I like easy and have it look like yours. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at The Merry Christmas Challenge.

MagsB said...

Judith, this is absolutely gorgeous! I hope you're feeling better now. I agree with you about Christmas shopping online, it's also much easier to spread the cost over the year!

Thanks for joining in at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge!

love Mags B x