My lovely followers

Monday 19 November 2018

Christmas cards - with Hunkydorycrafts 4th Little book of Christmas

Hi again

As promised i'm back again today with my second review of the products I received from Hukydory Crafts.  

This time  I've made Christmas cards with
 the 4th Little Book of Christmas
and
the Christmas Perfect Backgrounds Stamping Pad

I also used a variety of dies, ribbons, glitter and gems to embellish.  These pads are very easy to use for either a quick simple card where you could almost just mat and layer the picture  and add a sentiment - or add lots of embellishments and details for a special card

8 x 8 inch square card

6 x 6 inch square card

5 x 7 inch  card

8 x 8 inch square card

 The 4th Little Book of Christmas' 

Image for The 4th Little Book of Christmas

The first thing I'd like to say about the 'little book' - is its not as small as I had expected - more a 'not so little book'!!   I had expected to be making 6 x6 inch cards with these  - and although you can cut them to various sizes I actually think they are better for bigger cards - as you can see I used them to  make a variety of sizes and styles

I liked that there was 6 of each image, great for bulk making - often a neccesity for Christmas cards, or for anyone who makes to sell.  But also really useful to have multiple sheets to decoupage  the image.

I also liked the variety of images in the pad -  cute, traditional, contemporary and some that had lots of small images that you could cut up to use in smaller projects or as embellishments

The Christmas Perfect Backgrounds Stamping Pad

Image for Christmas Perfect Backgrounds Stamping Pad

This is a really good buy not just for the Christmas papers but also for matting and layering.  Each of the 48 sheets is double sided with a pattern on one side and a coordinating plain on the back.  I used these to mat and layer all of the cards above.  Really useful because everything coordinates perfectly.  Again a good selection of designs in a range of colours, typical of many Christmas pads with stars, Christmas trees, snowflakes etc - for me the bonus on this one is that the reverse side matches perfectly for your mats and to make die cut embellishments and with 4 of each design you have plenty to play with!



6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Judith your cards are stunning. I love the images and the papers you have used. Christmas is a time for quick effective makes these are perfect. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Simply Angelic Crafts said...

Gorgeous xx

Chris said...

Temptress! Your cards are gorgeous Judith, these pads look like I might need them...
Chris
x

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of Christmas cards Judith, super designs.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous variety of cards Judith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sarah said...

What an amazing selection of cards Judith!! I feel a spend coming on!! xx