My lovely followers

Sunday 18 November 2018

Adorable Scorable cardstock is definitely Hunky Dory in my book (or box in this case) !

Good morning all

I was asked by the lovely Hunkydory Crafts if I would consider doing a review on some of their products (of my choice) - and of course I said yes.

It's always good to try out new things and in all honesty I haven't used any Hunkydory product before - for no other reason than you simply can't have everything!!  

The first product I really wanted to try was the Adorable Scorable card, I have always thought that it looked extrely good quality when I've seen it being demonstrated, so was interested to see if it lived up to it's promise in real life - I have to say I was not disappointed.  I chose a pack called the Pets and Forest selection available HERE , it has a good range of colours for all occasions.  I used the colours Evergreen and Golden shimmer for the box lid and base and a lovely bright red called Red Robin for the holly berries

 I regularly make boxes for my cards and also enjoy making 3d projects with card.  My pet hate is when the card cracks on the scoreline or sometimes breaks and tears through altogether after bending a few times - when I've spent a lot of time on a compicated construction it's so disappointing, spoils the look of a project and is very annoying!

I decided to make a simple 5 x 5 inch square box
- decorated with die cut holly and a label.


It scored absolutely beautifully, with lovely clean scorelines - no creasing, splitting or tearing


Here are the actual scores of the box base and lid before it was constructed but after I had creased all the lines.  It is a really lovely weight and quality - you can see the sheen on both colours in the photographs - a really nice effect without being overley metallic


It was also very easy to use for die cuts - including the fine cut 'Noel' word on the label


My opinions here are entirely honest - I think the photographs illustrate what I have found.  I definitley would buy this card in the future to use for my boxes and construction work.  There is such a wide range of both solid colours and patterns available.  Check out this fabulous card on the Hunkydory crafts website HERE for details of the full range.

I will be back tomorrow with another review of the Hunkydory 4th Little book of Christmas  and Christmas perfect backgrounds Stamping Pad,




6 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Judith the boxes are gorgeous. Thank you for the review. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really a gorgeous stylish box Judith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Kath said...

A lovely box and great review. I've often looked at the Adorable Scorable and wondered if the creases would crack, so am pleased to see your favourable review!
Kath x

Carol S. said...

A lovely box. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy L said...

Very classy colours you have used Judith, beautiful box, xxx

cotnob said...

A fabulous box Judith, I love Adorable Scorable - I might be a bit biased as I'm on the HD Design Team but I think your review is excellent.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x