My lovely followers

Friday 31 January 2014

Summer sailing! - Whimsy Inspiration post

Good morning blog friends

Aren't I doing well this week!  - my 3rd post in a row - and I'm back tomorrow with a blog hop!

Todays post is my Whimsy stamps inspiration post and I'm using a Digi that I've had since last summer.  Always intending to use but never quite getting it together!!

This is Ahoy by Liastampz at Whimsy Stamps 
Available in the Whimsy stamps shop  HERE


I love all things nautical, we even have a beach themed conservatory here in our house, with a lovely collection of shells. I've always picked up shells on the beach, they're from beaches from all over the world and if ever I'm feeling down my shells take me to those lovely places and the days I had there and make me smile - the beach is always my happy place.

I've been a seaside girl all my life - always living on the coast - so close we could always walk to the sea.  I love the sea and really couldn't imagine living somewhere inland.  In the winter I walk our dog on the beach and even on freezing cold rainy days I love to be there, its not all about sunshine, if you're dressed for the cold there's something beautiful about the  crashing waves and wind.  The beach where we walk is in a bay and when the tide is right out we can walk end to end right to the pier and back probably 6 miles or more there and back along the bay and you can walk the whole way on the sand sometimes hopping across the rocks and rock pools. 

Glenn on the beach at Whitburn showing the bay through Seaburn down to Roker Pier

Sunrise on the beach 

When I got this digi I had the idea that it was a perfect image for a little boys card and real summer scene.  I decided that I would use nautical papers and embellies - but didn't have any! I bought some papermania nautical papers and embellies last summer, then when I had my trip to the My Favourite Things shop in Florida last Christmas one of my things on the list was the seaside charms dies - so I was good to go!

This is what I did....

Image Ahoy from Liastampz at Whimsy Stamps
Coloured with copics and prisma color pencils
Papers and bow - Ahoy there! from paper mania
Nautical Dies - seaside charms from dienamics at MFT
kraft card - from MFT
Letters cut with TH vintage market dies
Twine from my stash
Sentiment - LOTV
circle dies -spellbinders

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Winter wonderland -Digi days
Sister act card challenge -  anything goes
Creative knockouts - tictactoe (middle line)
little red wagon - childs play
simon says - anything goes with twine or string



Hope I've brought you a little piece of seaside and sunshine today
hugs
Judith x




18 comments:

Evas Pyssel said...

Oh Judy, I love your card. It makes me long for our summer cottage by the sea. It is true that all people are drawn to the sea? We can sit down on the beach and just watch the water. It gives such peace. We have so much snow here now and there is a lot of work to keep aisles free so you can go out. Our dog would not walk many metres. Hope it will soon be spring. Have a nice weekend I wish you. Hugs Eva

Carol Willis said...

Fabulous card Judith. Love the image and your colouring is fabulous. Gorgeous pics too.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs
Caz x

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is adorable Judith, I love the layout and cute image.

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card Judith. I love the image, fabulous colouring and wonderful nautical detailing.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos, I am a seaside girl too being lucky to live just over a mile away from the south coast and I love it.
hugs Sue xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wow! this is SO fab Judith… I can tell you had lots of inspiration for this card… it's a wonderful image and you've coloured it beautifully to match the gorgeous papers! I love the Ahoy Letters and the fab anchor and wheel… the way you've done the twine is brilliant… everything has come together beautifully !! :-)
I love your beach photos and such a great post… there is definitely something calming about the sea… even in bad weather!!
Hope you have a good evening!
Big Hugs Sue xx

DesignerDiva said...

That's a super card Judith and I love your pictures on the beach, I too live near the sea but we have sun sets on our horizon (facing across the wash)
We bought loads of shells back from Florida the first time we went, the beach at St Petes was full of the most amazing shells!
Hugs Laurie xx

Pat said...

What a great card Judith, the scene, design and all the embellies are super. Great pictures of the beach.

Pat xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so lovely Judith, love all the little em bellies. Great colouring and layout. Great photo,s too.
Hugs
Cathy

meine-bastelarena said...

Hi Judith, your card is too cute! I especially love how you knotted the twine to frame the image :D Hugs, Sujin

Diane said...

What a darling card Judith, the embellishments and colored image are delightful. What wonderful beach pictures.

Hugs diane

Unknown said...

Hi Judith, fabulous card! Love the image and your colouring is perfect.

Gorgeous pictures as well - we also live near the beach (though unfortunately not close enough to walk, it's a 5 mins drive) and I love going down there, whatever the weather. A long walk when there is a stiff breeze really blows away the cobwebs, doesn't it.

Hope you have a lovely weekend,

Sarah

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Judith, This is so gorgeous, I hope you are well.
Kevin xx

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Judith, what a fun image and I love all of your fabulous embellishments- the twine looks awesome! Gorgeous pics too, I love the beach also.
Hugs, Tammy

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful love your use of the digi theme, thank you so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps. I have new release candy if you are interested :)

Tracy Penney said...

Absolutely gorgeous. The image is so cute and wonderfully displayed with the layout of the card. The papers and embellishments are fabulous. Thanks for joining us over at Little Red Wagon.

Joanne said...

Congrats on being featured at Little Red Wagon! Your card is adorable - I love all the details you added! Thanks for joining us :)
Joanne xo

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Judith, super cute and I love how you've used the twine.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

susiestacey said...

Lovely card and great matching embellishments.
Thank you for joining the Winter Wonderland 'Digi Days' challenge and good luck x Susan x