My lovely followers

Wednesday 6 January 2016

Happy New Year - and something else New!


Happy New Year everyone

Well I finally kicked myself into gear and here's my first post of the year

I'm setting myself off on a new blogging start for the year
-after a pretty disastrous end of last year
the only thing I can say is I had a great holiday in November
and Christmas and New Year were pretty good too

So - line drawn under 2015
and a happy 2016 is here!!

We have a "New" challenge at 

Fab'n'Funky Challenges

the theme is 

Something New
(new house, new baby, using new stash etc)

My card is a wedding card that my daughter asked me to make for a friend last summer
the theme of the wedding was sunflowers

I think you could even say a wedding fits the new theme - it is after all a start of a new life together
but as well as that I used some new dies 

Absolutely brand new are the Dies from Sue Wilson
They're the ornate pierced rectangles from the Noble Collection
I just love this collection


I also decorated the inside to match


I don't know if these photographs do this card justice, it was quite a large card and the layering looked really effective with the black and yellow and it was also  really quite easy to make -

Our fabulous sponsor this week is

Live and Love Crafts

who are providing a £10 voucher for our prize winner

Live & Love Craft

What I did...
The whole list of items used

Dies - Ornate pierced dies Sue Wilson Noble die collection
Sunflower dies - MFT
Black Card - Crafter's Companion
Yellow cards - Cor'dnations from Crafters Companion
Sentiment tag - Anna Griffin Chalkboard Sentiments
Sentiment inside of card - LOTV
Ribbon and jewelled embellie from my stash

I do hope you'll join in with us at Fab'n'Funky this week to get the 'New' year off to a flying start

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Incy winsey - white with a splash of colour (16/1)
our crafty corner - anything goes (31/01)
ruby's rainbow - something new (28/1)

Hugs

Judith xx


18 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really pretty Judith. Lets hope 2016 is better for a lot of us. Hubby is wishing this year away and over already as they have said that hopefully he will be cured by the end of the year.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Alison said...

Beautiful card, Judith, and I love your new dies.
Alison xx

Chris said...

Fabulous dies and a lovely design, a very elegant card!
Chris
x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Judith, gorgeous dies and beautiful sunflowers - a lovely theme for a wedding.
Pauline
x

Kat W said...

That combination of die cuts and beautiful bold colour combo makes for a really elegant design...perfect for a wedding :-)
Happy New Year and I hope 2016 brings you lots of happy times.
Big hugs, Kat xx

Doreen said...

Happy New Year Judith,your card is just gorgeous.xxx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card Judith....Love the sunflowers lovely design inside and out....Joolsx

Pat K said...

Happy New Year Judith. Wonderful start with this gorgeous card. hugs, Pat K x

Pat said...

Beautiful card Judith, I love the colour combo and the gorgeous sunflowers. Happy New Year.

Pat xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Judith this is so beautiful the colours, those dies it all looks amazing.
hugs
lorraine x

GregT said...

Love the yellow with the black and white. Beautiful card. Thanx for joining us at IWD for the challenge.

Carol said...

A very elegant card Judith, the dies are gorgeous. Carol x

Helen said...

A great card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow.
Hugs Helen P X

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Those new dies are gorgeous Judith and how perfect were those sunflowers for the wedding theme?! Nailed it! Beautiful creation and awesome start to our year at Fab 'n' Funky. Looking forward to lots of crafty fun together this year. Big hugs, Wends x

Unknown said...

lovely card very elegant
thabnks for joining incy wincy
Lynne

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Ruby's Rainbow.
Hugs DT Shaz x

Rebecca Wong said...

Such a elegant card, love it!
Thanks for sharing with us at Our Crafty Corner, hope to see you again.
Rebecca, DT

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for joining us over at Our Crafty Corner love the design of your card so different. Good luck. Alison DT