Good morning all
Well I think the New Year has finally sunk in!
I've clung on to it being a holiday as long as I can but I can finally announce
2017 is here (he he)
We've had a busy time over the holidays - lots of people to stay and I even had to give my craft room over to being a bedroom again for a little while, but everyone's gone, the decorations are back in their boxes in the loft and I'm ready to face the year.
I'm not one to make huge sweeping resolutions but I've given my crafting some thought and have decided to make 2017 the year of crafting with a purpose. I have boxes of cards that never get sent and really it's much less fun when you don't really have a destination for what you're making
- there's going to be more mixed media - I have a brand new book to fill for a start
- journaling is the way forward.....
- I'm going to use and decorate my lovely new craft planner!
- more mini albums - I have a couple to finish and a couple to start!
- Scrapbooking (have you see the great new monthly scrap - 12 months of Crafting with Jen Fisher over at Crafter's Companion? - that's on my list too!!(here's a link if you want to sign up https://a.pgtb.me/lzc1wz)
- Pictures and picure frames
- Altered art - a pile of 'stuff' needs to be looked at plaques bought in sales, some jars and boxes...
- and of course lots of cards - but more with something or someone in mind - so much better for the mojo!! - I'm going to use up those ribbons, buttons, papers and charms!!
- lots of colouring - practice makes perfect.......
and if it doesn't work out it's only paper and card and pens and paint
move on and learn from the mistakes you made
I spend far to much time trying to put something wrong right
- I've learned it's so much quicker and easier to start again.....
Crafting with a purpose - maybe we could even start a group....!!
So in honour of new beginnings here are some DT cards for Crafter's Companion- I made
last year but didn't share them all on my blog
no colouring this time - just dies - but I so enjoyed making these
who doesn't need (or love) a baby card!
All using the Dies and papers from the Little Angel range from Sara's signature collection at
Crafter's Companion - available HERE
Challenges I'm entering with this card
Crafty Purple Frog - New beginnings
Dream valley challenges - something new 22//1
The ribbon girl - must use ribbon/must be a card
a gem of a challenge - something new
My Time to Craft - something new
I hope I've inspired you into a new crafty year - lets make 2017 a purposeful one!