My lovely followers

Thursday 3 August 2017

Things that fly - at Moving along with the Times - this week

Good morning all

There's a new challenge starting at 


the theme is

Things that fly

It can be anything at all - if you check over at the MAWTT challenge blog you'll see that the team have been very creative - everything from birds to kites and a lot more besides!

I thought this was a great theme to make a Christmas card 
(one more to add to the stash)
and got out my new dies and embossing folders that I bought a couple of weeks ago
- I've been dying to use them and I knew there was a cute little bird that would fit this challenge perfectly. I love the Scandinavian style.


This is what i did....

Red card - Luxury collection - red from Crafter's companion
Dies - all from Crafter's Companion Scandinavian Christmas collection by Sara Davies
Embossing Folder from Crafters Companion Nordic collection 
inked with red berry DI from Tim Holtz

The bird is a fab die - it's one of the deep cut mixed media dies so it cuts several at a time and also would be great for all kinds of  fabric Christmas Projects - I think I might make some little felt bird decorations to hang on the Christmas tree - I know I've got some red and white felt squares and some ricrac  to  make a hanging loop .... now where to find them lol

Hope you'll join in with our challenge

Hugs

Judith xx








10 comments:

Wendy L said...

Super card Judith, great design, thank you, xxx

Janice said...

Hi Judith - great card - very effective !! Janice x http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com

Jenny L said...

Hi Judith,
what a very brilliant card and those birds are gorgeous.
Such a very lovely Scandenavian look to it and a gorgeous design.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Janis Lewis said...

Cute!

Pat said...

Beautiful card Judith, the bird die is lovely and your design looks great.

Pat xx

Nataliascraft said...

Beautiful Christmas card and fabulous design x

Unknown said...

Hi Judith

Love this Christmas card, such a great design

Crafty smiles.... June :)

cotnob said...

A super card Judith, sweet birds - I love red and white Christmas cards.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol S. said...

Cute birds and a love the design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sarah said...

Cute birds Judith. Love the scandinavian look xx