My lovely followers

Wednesday 20 May 2020

It's a bunny day today!

Good morning all

I can't beleive it's almost two months since I posted here. 

But I thought I'd better make the effort to appear 
as it's my turn to host at 

Fab'n'Funky Challenges

I chose the theme

Anything but a card

So here's my ode to lockdown 
- meet Covid the Easter Bunny
He was made for my Grandchildren to go in a basket with Easter eggs and some little bags of caramel shortbread and brownies I made for their Mum and Dad
(I'm sure Jacob and Eva got some too!)

Covid the Easter Bunny and a basket of Easter treats


I've been doing lots of crafting and hobbying! - not so much papercraft (though I started an album yet to be continued) but knitting and sewing, lots of baking and cooking and growing my own little plants from seed and garden tidying and to stay fit a half hour work out in the morning and an hours walk in the afternoon - week sorted! .  I've never been bored and I'm certainly not veging out in front of the TV - though we've started a routine each night before bed we watch an episode or two of 'Parks and Recs' - its so funny - a great end to the day.

I feel like I've been living in a big bubble since our lockdown in March.  I'm actually doing OK with it and not all the changes in life have been bad ones.  I'm not missing the shops that much as I'm much more of an online shopper anyway and we've been doing click and collect for a big weekly shop then stocking up with fresh food in a small store locally once a week and I've enjoyed that too, planning ahead for the weeks meals is something I sort of got out of the habit of when I stopped working.  But I do miss my daily gym routine -  my spin classes in particular, the gym is right next to Tesco so I'd just call in to pick up whatever we wanted for dinner and now that I've had time to think about that I think the weekly shop is so much better use of my time.  So when gym days return I'll definitely keep up with the big weekly shop routine and go straight home to do something much more fun than shopping! 

There's so much time to think about things that have changed these past few weeks I'm sure so many of us will have found some things that have been forced onto us will stay when we get back to whatever normal is!!

I'm not huge on social media anyway but very early on when all the 'rubbish' started to be shared around I really felt a need to stay away and that sort of extended to my blogs as well.  My mobile phone and computer have been gathering a lot of dust, used mainly for recipes and online orders - it's funny the things we do to get through the days - but it works for me, just cutting out too much media has been my saving grace.

So back to the bunny and the sweets!

....This is what I did

Bunny
Knitting pattern is free from Deramores Here
Knit in double knitting wool it was a quick and easy knit 
I had all the wool in my stash anyway - so a total freebee

The recipes for the sweeties 
both from BBC Good Food which is my go to for recipes
I cut each into little 1 inch squares - perfect with a cuppa
- but not too bad for the waistline : )

Chocolate Brownies
Recipe HERE

Easy Millionaires Shortbread
Recipe HERE

Thank you so much for visiting me today - I'll pop round for a visit to you all - its been a nice change to be here today : )))




6 comments:

Chris said...

Adorable Bunny Judith (my Ruby would NEED him too if she clapped eyes on him!)
I'm glad you're coping ok with the lockdown, sounds as if you're quite enjoying it actually! I think it's a lot easier for those of us who are retired than the younger people as we're more used to being at home than they are! The biggest thing for me is missing my grandkids but apart from that it's not too much of a problem.
Take care and keep busy.
xx

Pat said...

Gorgeous bunny Judith I’m sure your grandchildren loved him and all the goodies too. I think we have all got used to a different routines these days and enjoying relaxing, the lovely weather has helped, plenty of time for reading in the garden and going for walks. Take care.

Pat xx

Mrs.B said...

I love the little bunny, glad you're doing ok and keeping busy.
Stay safe, Avril xx

cotnob said...

Your Easter Bunny is fabulous Judith, he looks like he is eyeing up those wonderful goodies in the basket!
It sounds like you are coping well with the lock down, there is not much change for us really other than not popping to the pub for lunch after walking the dog a couple of times a week. It is nice to have both boys at home though and we have been doing a lot of family things at home which is nice. My eldest has been working on a rota as he is a primary school teacher and he will be going back to work full time after half term - I find that a bit of a concern as I am at risk due to the medication that I take but he will be careful and shower when he gets home. Take care and continue to enjoy your new routine.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Suzanne H said...

I've hopped over from Fab n Funky to see your bunny. So cute, but I wish I could knit! You have been keeping busy and I'm glad you are faring well during these times.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhhh your bunny is fantastic, I bet the Grandkids loved it and the goodies!!! I dont do social media these days either, its been a saving grace as think it must be mad online just now. I just do my wee blog. Hope alls well, Hazelxx