My lovely followers

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Love is in the air at The Paper Shelter

Good morning all

Well I'm finally back - I've had almost 4 lovely weeks in the United States and another week recovering!!  I got a really nasty ear infection just before we got home and together with jet lag I just had no energy or inclination for craft, then my son Tom got a flu virus(proper flu not just a bad cold)  and my FIL got rushed into hospital when he collapsed - he's back home recovering  after a couple of days in hospital - so I think we've had our "3" and I've had enough of it all now lol

Anyway I'm back into the crafting swing with some catching up to do so I'm trying desperately to get things into some sort of order. 

Todays challenge at

The Paper Shelter is 

Love is in the air

I had a little look around at what was new while I was away and saw these fabulous digi papers iin TPS shop there are 12 in the set - such great value 

They're called
Two Shades of Romance
and are available here 
-I just love them and they are perfectly romantic for our Love challenge

I decided to get a little bit inky and make a gift bag using one of the papers in the set


This one has sort of pinky/sepia colours, I resized it to fit my gift bag before printing out and cut  smaller versions to make the tag and the flower  and I used my TH distress markers to highlight some of the flowers and words to highlight them.  I then distressed around the edges to darken them further, I really enjoyed myself making the flower and creating a vintage feel - my husband even comment - oh that looks French! - he said as he wandered by!!

As always we have a fab prize at TPS this week
- win 3 digis or if you use an image from TPS - the prize is a $30 gift voucher
how great is that!!

Challenge prize badge

This is what I did,,,,

Papers - Two shades of romance from TPS
Kraft bag - Michaels
Kraft card - Crafters companion
Distress ink - TH Tea die, frayed burlap
Die cut letters - TH vintage market
Flower - made with TH Tattered floral dies
Leaf die - Spellbinders
Large butterfly charm - Santoro
Small butterfly - Docrafts Lilibet
Burlap ribbon- recollections from Michaels
Brad (flower centre) and gems from my stash

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Crafty sentiments Design - Anything goes
Bunny Zoes crafts challenge - Distress
Crafting from the heart - anything Goes
Love to create - say it with flowers
Dream valley challenges - anything goes
Allsorts challenge - Butterflies

Hope to see you at TPS this week - call back soon for my DT card for Penny's Paper Crafty challenge

Hugs
Judith xx








19 comments:

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful and elegant Bag Judith, I love the pretty butterflies and that flower is stunning. So sorry to hear about your Son, I hope he recovers quickly.

Anne said...

Love this Judith. Love the vintage feel you've created with these beautiful papers
Anne x

Pat K said...

Beautiful gift bag Judith..really love the sepia tones. Good to hear you've recovered and I hope your Son feels better soon. Take care, hugs, Pat K x

Nannieflash said...

Its fabulous having your back Judith we have missed you, and wow youve come back with a bang, your bag is just stunning I love the design and your colour choice.
I do hope the family soon recover and your ear soon heals, having had experiences in the last couple of days with the hospital its so traumatic so do understand where your coming from. hugs Shirleyxxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous gift bag Judith, I like design and the butterflies.
Kevin xx

Pat said...

Gorgeous gift bag Judith, love the vintage feel, so glad you are feeling better.

Pat xx

Janice said...

Lovely to see you back crafting with us Judith. Hope your ear is better by now. Love your pretty gift bag and those lovely flowers, Jx

Michelle said...

Beautiful, this bag is a gift in itself. Thanks for joining us at Love To Create this week.

Nikki Stalker said...

This is gorgeous Judith. Love how you have used the papers to create a lovely gift bag.

Nikki

brenda said...

This is just lovely for our Butterflies theme Judith, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Tracy said...

Lovely gift bag, lovely colours, and a fabulous for a gift too. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good Luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mervi said...

Fabulous gift bag, lovely flower.
Thank you for sharing your creativity at Allsorts Challenge, welcome again;-))m

Whisper said...

Oooo it's lovely to see you back and with a stunning creation too.

I hope your family woes ease, Luv Sam x

Gail said...

Wow! This is a GREAT idea! How come I don't think up great ideas like this?! I love the gift bag decorated and the flowers and embellishments are GREAT in these tones of tan. This is a GREAT GREAT bag and thank you for the inspiration cause now I'm going to find me a bag and try something like this. :) Hugs, Gail

Unknown said...

Simply stunning! Love the vintage feel of this! Thanks for joining us at Crafting From The Heart this week.
Tina - DT

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous gift bag design. Love those gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining in with the Dream Valley 'Anything Goes' Challenge. Good luck. Hugs, Wends x - Dream Valley DT

MagsB said...

This is a fab gift bag! The papers are just delicious!

I hope you and your family are on the mend. It sounds like you've had a very difficult time, but hopefully everything will be better soon.

And thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x

Jackie Randolph said...

Absolutely gorgeous gift bag! Thanks for joining us at LTC with our Say it with Flowers challenge!
Crafty Hugs's
Jackie ~ LTC owner/admin

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Judith pleased to see you have returned although it sounds like you have had your fair share of ill health between you, hope things are picking up now. I have been a bit behind with my commenting due to personal issues. With my DT hat on I would like to thank you for sharing your beautiful gift bag with us at Crafty Sentiments, hugs Susan x