My lovely followers

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Love, hearts and a first kiss!

Hi  again

 I knew straight away today I had to use my  absolute favourite Stampavie stamp - first kiss, I just love this stamp.



 I went looking for some papers in my stash with a heart theme and found these from Dovecraft called Glamour Prints.  I've had them for ages and haven't used them all that much because some of them are very bright - like these ones!  But I decided to rise to the challenge.  I used purple card to tone in from bazzill and toned it down a bit using a pale pink chalk.  The image was coloured with promarkers and prismacolor pencils and the heart and frame were cut with spellbinders die.  The border is a new Martha Stewart punch and the "Love" and swirl were cut with my cricut expression machine from Tie the knot and Cindy Loo cartridges.  The flowers are from Prima and the crystal embelishments bought from ebay.  The best bit of all - the lovely little embellie in the middle of the large flower - recycled from a christmas card I received - thank you M&S!  I was really pleased with this when it was finished having been very unsure about the colours at the start - it just goes to show that you have to just go with it some times. 

Challenges entered with this card
Stampavie and more: Challenge #159 - Hearts  -love stampavie - great stamps - great challenges
Card Makin Mamas - for my new Martha Stewart Punch
Simon Says challenge - my new Martha Stewart Punch
Passion for Promarkers - inspired by a song - "sealed with a kiss"
Papertake weekly challenge - die cute!
Challenge up your life - Bingo (purple, die cuts, sparkle)

Hope you like it

See you soon
Hugs

Judith x

3 comments:

Gro said...

Wow. Beautiful card. Love the colors.
Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

Fleur said...

This is very pretty, great colours
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Truly Scrumptious this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Manuela said...

Oh my, what a cute card! I love this Sarah Kay stamp! So adorable =)
Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!