My lovely followers

Friday 16 October 2015

We would like to see ribbon at Winterwonderland this week


Good morning all

It's time for another challenge over at 

Winter Wonderland

we would like to see ribbon on your project
so this weeks theme is

Christmas with a Ribbon

The team were lucky enough to be given a choice of image by our sponsor this week

I chose this cute gingerbread man available HERE


our lovely sponsor this week is 


who will be giving a prize of 2 digis to our lucky winner



I'm still continuing to practice with my Spectrum Noir Aqua pens from Crafters Companion and thought that the slight texture of the watercolour card together with the watercolour shaded effect might work quite well with the gingerbread man, It's a different technique to colouring with alchol pens, much quicker and several ways to do it, I think I did ok - practice is the key here - I'll keep trying, he's not just an all over flat colour and that's what I wanted to  acheive.  I also glittered all the white with glamour dust fine glitter - it looks lovely and sparkly in real life - but I don't think I've quite got it in the photogragh


This is what I did......

Image - Gingerbreadman from Pink Gem Designs
Sentiment from Crafters Companion Nordic Christmas CD
Coloured with Spectrum Noir Aqua pens
Colours - chestnut, crimson, evergreen and bud green
Card - crafters companion waterclour card
Cardbase - crafters companion Kraft card
Papers - Krafty Christmas from Dovecraft
Glitter - glamourdust
Buttons and ribbon from my stash
Square stitched die - Memory box
Circle dies - spellbinders
Distress ink - Tim Holtz Tea Dye

We have a lovely new DT member at Winter Wonderland this week!
 Welcome to Alison Barlow,
 it would be lovely if you popped over to her blog and gave her a welcome
- better still you could even join her here at Winter Wonderland as we also have a DT CALL!!  Its the perfect time for you to join a Christmas DT I'd say - lots of Cards to make for Christmas and you would have the added bonus of a Christmas DT to inspire you!!

Full details of our DT Call can be found on the Winter Wonderland blog HERE
Come and join us - we're a very Christmassy DT :)

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the country Christmas style of card Judith so this is right up my street!! I know what you mean about the SN Aquas, I keep getting mine out and then putting them away, I have tried all sorts of watercolour paper and card and just can't seem to get it right. I have found Bristol board to be the most successful so far but still not good enough to share!! As you say practice is the key I think xx

Fikreta said...

very nice

brenda said...

He's a happy little gingerbread man Judith and tour colouring looks very effective to me.

B x

Pat K said...

Well done with your aqua markers Judith...I think this cute little fella looks awesome and fresh out of the oven. Great design too. Have a good weekend. hugs, Pat K x

Pat said...

Lovely card Judith, great gingerbread man with lovely bp. Have a good weekend.

Pat xx

coldwaters2 said...

What a happy looking Gingerbread man Judith I bet he tastes as delicious as he looks a fabulous card.
hugs
lorraine x

Carol said...

So cute Judith, love the kraft and red check together. Carol x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,what a fab image and colours.xxx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Gorgeous card Judith....love the ginger bread man image and colours...Joolsx

Sue B said...

Awww he's an adorable gingerbread man Judith!! don't think I would be able to eat him though… he's too cute!! the scrummy papers and embellies are perfect with him! :-)
you've coloured him beautifully... now you've made me want to get my watercolour pens out... can't remember when I last used them.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Big hugs, Sue B xx

Kat W said...

Mmmmmm, this tasty looking chap is making my mouth water - lol! I love the country kitchen feel to this card with the Kraft/red combo and that fab gingham paper :-)

Big hugs, Kat xx