My lovely followers

Tuesday 9 January 2018

One card a week for Christmas - that's the aim!

Hi all

Is it to early to talk about Christmas lol
I can see you rolling your eyes and hear the groans already he he

But for anyone who wants to send handmade  Christmas cards - now is the time to start.
I always have good intentions at the beginning of the year - and mostly I don't do too badly - but I always wish I'd made more when December comes around

So in an attempt to put in even more effort I joined a facebook page where the aim is to make 52 cards in the year.  (We'll not mention the fact that I'm already a week behind lol)

So here's my first card.  I actually made a couple like this one last Christmas.  When I went to Florida last November I took my pencils and coloured a few images as i sat by the pool - this one I coloured  three times.  Two of them got made into cards and this one was 'saved' for this year and has got me off to a start for the year


This cute, pretty image is from Sheena Douglass at Crafter's Companion- it's very easy to colour because it has a lot of shading on the stamp to guide you, the sentiment also came with the stamp.

  I stamped onto Canson watercolour paper (my favourite for watercolours - it has such a fabulous texture)  Then coloured with Spectrum Noir Colourtint watercolour pencils - all except for the red which is a Derwent Inktense pencil (there isn't a bright red in the Colourtints)  I love the Colourtints they're such lovely muted shades.  

This is what I did .....

Image and sentiment - Dashing Deer from Sheena Douglass a little bit festive
Coloured with Spectrum noir colourtint pencils
red pencil - Derwent inktense
Paper - Canson watercolour paperCard and ribbon from my stash

I hope I've inspired you to get going on next years Christmas cards

hugs
Judith x




14 comments:

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Judith, an adorable image - every year I vow to make more Christmas cards throughout the year, I never do!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chris said...

It's a lovely card Judith, the little deer is so sweet and your pencil colouring is beautiful.
It is a great idea to start early for next Christmas, takes the pressure out of giving hand made cards...good luck with the 'one a week', let us know how you get on!
Chris
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh this is such a sweet Deer. So pretty, Good Luck with getting the cards all done, Love H xx

Stamping Bubbles said...

What a lovely little dear and beautifully coloured. It is a very good idea to start your Christmas cards early. I always tell myself I should do this too but never do, perhaps this should be the year I do.
Crafty hugs
Lesley

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Judith he is so cute, xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Judith this is a stunning card. It is such a good idea to start on Christmas cards now. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Made my first one today, determined to keep it up, did pretty well last year. This is so sweet

Carol S. said...

A gorgeous image and a lovely card. Carol S.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design and project. Thanks for your comments while I was absent.. Have a good start to the New Year.xx[aNNie]

Nataliascraft said...

Wonderful Christmas card Judith, beautiful colouring. It's great idea to start early making Christmas cards. I made three Christmas cards last week. Lol!! xx

Kath said...

A fabulous card and such a sweet image too.
Kath x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Judith and a great start - something I say I will do every year - I must make the effort this year, but I'm still struggling to get back into the crafty routine.
Avril xx

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous!

Right, one card a week you say..... I could do that..... maybe..... or you might just have to nag me!

Fikreta said...

so very nice!