My lovely followers

Thursday 15 November 2018

A bit of upcycling with Winter animals

Good morning all

I've been looking for some different (and quick) ways to make some extra Christmas cards this year and remembered that I had saved some of last year's cards that I received to 'do something with' - like you do - then don't - if you know what I mean lol

So I spent a day or two making new cards out of some of the lovely cards I received last year.  I realise now that I should have taken before and fter photos but I can't do much about that now!

Here is one that I made with the challenge at

 in mind

The theme is 

Winter Animals


The original card was actually just the black and white background with the trees and 'Winter Wishes' sentiment - quite pretty and sparkly but it could have been so much more.....  see below for what I did.....

The challenge at MAWTT still has a week to run so you have plenty of time to enter your Winter Animals cards.  Sorry to Wendy, our lovely host Jackie and my teamies that I'm a week late!  I had a horrible ear infection last week and got totally mixed up about the challenge week - and I got no crafting or blogging done at all - thankfully after antibiotic, hydracortisone and seroid ear drops (7 times a day - there just wasn't enough hours in the day!!)  I'm on the mend

Here's what I did....

I made a frame with black card using Sue Wilson pierced square dies
Mounted that onto champagne coloured satin card
I then cut a new moon and Stag with a Crafters Companion die using a thin gold craft metal that I got from a Create and Craft sale day a few weeks back - I love this it has a fabulous finish

and that - as they say - is that.  It looks so much nicer than the original card and I was quite pleasd with the result -  making a card like this was definitely a bit of a novelty! - I've made a few more now - series to be continued .......

Hope you'll join in with our challenge at MAWTT

hugs

Judith x


8 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love this gorgeous recycled Christmas creation. So glad you are feeling better now Judith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Chris said...

It's a great idea to recycle Christmas cards, something I always intend to do but don't often get around to (much to O/H annoyance as I never want to throw any away!). Your beautiful golden stag looks very much at home on this lovely card!
Glad you are improving...ear infections are soooo painful!
xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Judith your card is gorgeous. I love recycling old cards I do it a lot. I am glad you are feeling better. Don't worry about being late a mid way reminder is a great idea. Take care. Hugs Jackie

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Judith, a brilliant upcycling - your stag is gorgeous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great idea, yes I have a few old cards to do something with one day. This is fab

Carol S. said...

Brilliant card and love that you have used old cards. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Wendy L said...

It is quite striking Judith, thank you.
I enjoy rec7cling my cards xxxx

Pat said...

What a great card Judith such a good way to recycle and I love your additions.

Pat xx