My lovely followers

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Flower power at The Paper Challenge

Good morning blog friends

Well there's another week gone flying by and it's June!  I've had a lovely week with lots going on again. It was my last official day at work before my early retirement day (though my last day weeks several weeks ago, because I had leave to take)  I called into the office just to visit and mark the occasion and say my goodbyes - and decided I definitely don't miss the place!! We had a (mostly) lovely week weather wise and spent lots of time in the garden tidying up and BBqing - I love weeks like that.  Then we left for a few days in Scotland which ended with a night out at the new Hydro in Glasgow to see the Eagles.  They were fabulous - what a great night we had.- then we had a wander around the shops in Glasgow, we're off to a wedding at the end of the month and I was hoping to find an outfit to wear - no joy I'm afraid  i suppose it would help if I knew what I wanted!!

Well onto this weeks challenge at 


and this weeks theme is 

Flower Power

This wasn't the image I had intended to use when I first saw the challenge but I decided to use this cute lifeguard instead at the last minute so I could say look who's.... so here she is - looking through those binoculars of hers! I decided to  make  my favourite easel shape - its a while since I made one.

She's called - Lifeguard on Duty 2 available here
as always theres a fab prize on offer at The Paper Shelter 

Challenge prize badge

we'd love to see your flowery projects this week 

This is what I did...

Image - Lifeguard on duty 2 from The Paper Shelter
Coloured with Copics
Distress inks - worn lipstick and dusty pink
Papers -MME sunshine
Die cut sunflower - MFT
Die cut circle and swirl - Mariannes
Sentiments - produced in word
Pearls - from my stash

Challenges I will enter with this card

Digistamps for joy - girly



See you later my lovely friends!

hugs 
Judith x



18 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh Happy Retirement again, Hope its wonderful and full of crafting!!! Love this card and its extra special as its now sat on my unit, Thank You for thinking of me!! Love Hazelxx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Judith that easel card is ideal for this image, I love your large flower its a really colourful card. hugs Shirleyxxx

Colette said...

Lovely card, love the big sunflower, hugs, Colette xx

Doreen said...

This is fabulous,great image.xxx

Sarah said...

Sounds like retirement suits you Judith!! Such a great card too!! xx

Pat K said...

Lovely fun card Judith. Great image and she so suits that hot pink bathing suit. hugs, Pat K xx

brenda said...

Flower power and girl power Judith, great card.

B x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Judith. I love the pretty image, beautiful sunny colours and fabulous design too.
hugs Sue xx

Pat said...

Great card Judith, love the image and the super colours. Glad you have had a good week.

Pat xx

Unknown said...

WOW, Judith, what a superb card, I love the image and your colours are just so summery, excellent make, hugs xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous creation Judith. So glad you are enjoying life, you will wonder how you had time to work before too long.
Hugs
Cathy
Xxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

You are having a fun time out and about, good for you. Gorgeous Summery card

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is beautiful Judith. I like the image and the colours.
Kevin xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great easel card and image love the B.paper and beautiful sunflower-enjoy your retirement
Carol x

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Judith, fabulous image, love the sunflower...sounds like you have had a good week, enjoy!
Hugs Wendy xx

Nikki Stalker said...

Lovely card Judith. Great paper, card design and a beautiful image.

Nikki

Riette said...

Great layout on this project!!
Thanks for sharing with us at DS4J! A great and easy challenge is going live tomorrow so join us again!
xxx
Riette

Gail said...

Hi Judith! Sorry to be late dropping you a comment about your TPS card. Last week was my week to juggle too much and sure enough, I dropped the balls.

This card is GREAT. I love the easel cards but rarely make them. The image is fabulous and you've colored her wonderfully! I love how you did her hair and swimsuit. Fab colors! The big sunflowers on this care are great. Such pretty detail in the center of it! This is a wonderful card! Hugs, Gail