My lovely followers

Thursday 5 June 2014

Spots and stripes at Crafty Little Fairies

Hi blog friends

Ooo I'm late again! - I'm so sorry - I seem to spend my whole time catching up these days!
I'm back again today with my DT card for 

Crafty Little Fairies
and our theme for this challenge 
is
Spots and Stripes

I decided to share a card that I was asked to make for a man who is 90.
As always I asked if he had any hobbies or interests or anything that could personalise the card and as often happens with older men was told no - he doesn't have hobbies, doesn't drink or drive or do very much at all - so just a "man" card!

I decided to make a nautical themed card because we live on the coast here in the north east of England and most people have some sort of a connection with the sea and it's a summery sort of theme - and summers on its way!  Its a big 8 x 8 inch card and I really enjoyed making it.  It came together so easily.


The stamped image is from a small nautical set from kanban which also included the compass corner that I also used.  There are some other small stamps with the set as well - very useful.
The shell stamps are from Sheena Douglass, I had been looking for a while to buy some of her stamps and treat myself when they were on a really good offer on Create and Craft a few weeks ago - I bought  3 sets and I'm really looking forward to creating some cards with them over the next few weeks.  I stamped onto watercolour card and used my TH watercolour pens for a softer look and toned the shells to match 
Here's what I did....

Image - kanban nautical set
Shell stamps - Sheena Douglass
Coloured with TH watercolour distress pens
Sentiment - MFT birthday quotes
Die cut numbers - Vintage Market by TH at Sizzix 
Charm - from ebay
Bows - Papermania
Pleated ribbon - Madame Payraud from Papermania
Hessian ribbon - Michaels
Twine - MFT
Label - cut with MFT stitched tag
Papers - K and Co
Gold Gilding wax - crafty individuals

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Aud Sentiments - use a sentiment for a guy
Sassy studios - summer themed
Milk coffee challenge - father/special male
Addicted to stamps - Holiday
Stamping Royalty - Masculine
City crafter - Nautical

I do hope you'll join in with our challenge this month - I'm sure you'll have lots of spots and stripes to show us

hugs
Judith xx


28 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Hi Judith, you're not the only one who's always playing catch up.
Love this card, always like that image. Great colouring on the shells thought they were real at first.
Hope you're well.
Avril xx

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Kylie said...

This is beautiful! LOVE all the texture and the image is wonderful!! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Unknown said...

OMG, Judith, what a stunning card, perfect for a 90 year old male...hugs xx

Sue said...

This is such a fabulous card Judith. I love the image, gorgeous papers and fabulous detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Doreen said...

Such a lovely card,beautifully made.xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Judith glad to see I'm not the only one running round in circles! I think you have done a perfect card for the gentleman. I have these stamps and they are so useful. You/ve coloured it so delicately too and love those shell stamps! Susan xx

Janice said...

Perfect Judith! I'm a seaside girl too and I just adore this card. So pretty, love the image and all your extra stamping and embellishments, think your customer will like! Jx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Judith. Fab colouring and I love those shells.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Evas Pyssel said...

What a wonderful summer card. I love it. It looks like the seaside where we have our summerhouse. And that is a place we love,
Wishing you a splendid weekend.
Hugs Eva

Deborah Frings said...

Great card! Love the colours and papers, and that little anchor is charming! (Sorry!). Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Unknown said...

Lovely job and what an occasion!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us at Addicted to Stamps and More this week. We sure hope to see you again soon :)

Claire said...

I love this card Judith - what a great beachy theme - love the papers and the fabby image and colour tones. Hugs, Claire x

Jennifer said...

Wow, Judith, this is a perfect masculine card...The recipient must be mad if he does not LOVE it! There are so many gorgeous elements on it, too many to single out! Genius!

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Michelle said...

Judith , this is such a beautiful card - I love all the detail. Thanks for joining us over a Sassy Studios of this weeks DTBST.

Whisper said...

Oooo what an absolutely fabby nautical Male card, Luv Sam x

Billie A said...

Beautiful card and love the colors and the layout. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our any guy sentiment. Hope to see you back again.

Unknown said...

So beautiful!
Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific card!! I'm so glad you played along with us at CCCB!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome card!! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

Sue B said...

This is a fab card Judith… I love the image which you've coloured beautifully! and the scrummy papers and embellies are perfect with it… everything has come together beautifully on this card!
I know what you mean about male cards… most of the time they don't give you much to go on for inspiration!! Lol
Think this is a great theme though, as think every male has spent time at seaside!
have a good week!
Love Sue xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous Masculine card Judith, I love the image and the colouring. Pretty papers and embellishments.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Love this card hun, all the added detail looks great!
Hugs Shell xx

Kim Kelley said...

This is beautiful. Love the pictures of your furbabies as well! :) Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is stunning Judith! Love that image. Beautiful layout and embellies. Hugs, Wends x

Julie said...

Beautiful card. Love the design and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie T

RiNNE said...

Fab card! Thanks for playing along with us at Milk Coffee Challenge!

RiNNE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.