My lovely followers

Wednesday 31 October 2018

Boo! - are you too cute to spook - or very grown up Halloween?


Good morning all

Well the day is finally here - well that's what my grandson Jacob thinks anyway.  He's six years old and is totally taken up with the idea of Halloween, dressing up and face painting, trick or treat and everything else that goes with it.  He's had a fun week going to a National Trust Halloween night at the weekend, Apple ducking at Beavers on Monday night and finally..... the big day has arrived lol
My daughter rang me last night because he was so excited to come round to visit tomorrow after school because I told him I might have a special treat (or trick!) for him and his sister.  She was just making sure that I knew about this - to avoid disappointment lol.

Things certainly seem to have gone up a gear in the Halloween celebrations round here,  I passed a full blown graveyard in someones garden when I was walking the dog - really fun and obviously lots of work had gone into it, the painted gravestones with funny verses, bones in a wheelbarrow too!


Anyways ...... our challenge theme this week at


and our theme is 

Halloween

and as expected by Jacob I  made a treat bag!


This one is much more 'grown up' than the one I made for his sister Eva - after all she is only 2!!  I used papers to decorate it from a very old pad from from MME - I hope he'll be impressed at how grown up and scary it is! - and filled with treats of course!!  I always put their names on things I make - I think kids love to see their name on a card or box, they like the idea that it's made just for them : )

This is what I did...

Box made from a peice of orange card on my scoreboard
Papers - My Minds Eye - Wicked Merchant Malvado
Label dies - Dienamics
Skeleton 'parts' - Sheena Douglass  day of the dead die
Alphabet dies - Fashion Dies from Crafters Companion
Black twine and sticker spider from my stash
velcro sticky fastener to secure the flap

Hope you'll join in with our challenge this week - can't wait to see what you make!

Challenges I've entered with this card

Disdigis -Creepy or cute 3/11
Digichoosday - anything goes 6/11
Asyoulikeit - favourite autumnal or Halloween colours - orange and black!


9 comments:

Chris said...

Wow! That's fabulous Judith...suitably scary, love those vintage images and the little tags with the skull, I'm sure Jacob will be impressed with his 'grown-up' treat bag (and the treats!) Hope he has lots of fun celebrating!
Chris
x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Judith, very grown up.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

cotnob said...

A super grown up treat bag Judith, I love the tags.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Tammy said...

WOW this is awesome Judith, I love the vintage images and designs, so fun and spooky! I bet your grandson loved it!
Hugs, Tammy

Wendy L said...

This looks amazing Judith, so exciting for the kids. xxx

Sue Crease said...

I hope your grandson had a wonderful time last night. Your treat bag is simply gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Digichooseday

Wendy said...

Fabulous treat bag Judith...Thanks for joining us at Di’s Digi Challenge:)
Hugs
Wendy xx

thecraftycavalier said...

Aww I love this Judith. Very stylish. Thank you for sharing it with us at As You Like it, Jayne

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I bet Jacob and his baby sis LOVED their special treats from you. Lovely to personalise it that way and such a fun creation! I bet he was chuffed! the spider and skull are fab touches, ooh and just spotted the boney arm! LOL. Nailed it hun! Hope you had fun (the neighbours graveyard sounds pretty full on, hope you got pics!) Hugs, Wends xoxo