My lovely followers

Wednesday 13 February 2019

So what's in a number!


Good morning all

Quite a thoughtful post from me today for our challenge at 

Fab'n'Funky Challenges 
this week

The theme is 

With a Number
(add a number to your project)

This is one of those cards everyone loves to hate 
- man cards 😖


and inside
a verse I like very much 



I made this card for a very good friend, a friend since we were at school
 - a very long time - who was sixty a couple of weeks ago
He's been my husband's best friend since school days, best man at our wedding...
his birthday was two days before my hubbys 60th birthday - a real week of celebrations!
and the very worst thing!!! - I'm following close behind
- and I keep asking myself - how did I get to be nearly 60!!

It's something you hear all the time - but I can honestly say I don't feel any different to the way I did all those years ago when we were just kids - my mother will be 90 this year and she says the same things. 
 Isn't life and age a funny thing! 

This is what I did.....

Image - Umbrella man byTim Holtz  from Ranger
Sentiment inside also from Ranger
Watch die - Sheena Douglass Time Traveller collection
Background created with a generic 'happy birthday' stamp and
Crafters Companion fashion die numbers (60)
Tag dies - My favourite things

Hope you'll play along with our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week and perhaps enlightgen me further about advancing age lol

Hugs
Judith xx



10 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Judith this is a stunning card I just love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Judith. How do you think I feel at 67 !!!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is fab, haven’t used that stamo for so long. I love making male cards

cotnob said...

A super card Judith, a fabulous masculine design.
It's my 60th this year, can't say I feel any older than when it was my 40th!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Chris said...

They do say that age is just a number... I'm going to pick a much lower one next year! I tell my granddaughters when they ask that I'm 21 and a bit...ok it IS a VERY big bit...
Fabulous masculine card, timeless stamps and I love the black/white design with the splash of red highlighting the 60!
Chris
x

Wendy said...

Fabulous male card Judith...Time Certainly does fly by, my Mother in law will be 90 this year.
Hugs
Wendy Xx

Pat said...

Great male card Judith, auper images.

Paxxt

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant male card Judith...great image....Joolsx

Rachel Webber said...

Awesome card! love it xx

Furrbster said...

This is a brilliant mens card though :)

Hugz Tinz