My lovely followers

Wednesday 19 November 2014

We want to see a card for a child at The Paper Shelter


Good morning all

Greetings from sunny Florida

I've scheduled all my posts while I'm away as I can't always keep an eye on things and we're going up to Orlando for the night to see James Taylor at the Amway Arena (really looking forward to it)  so I won't be around at all to check it out -  so hopefully you're reading this!!  

Today's card is for the new challenge at 


our challenge this week is 

A Card for a Child

I decided to go with a new baby card - I came across one of the older images in

The Paper Shelter's digi shop


  when I was deciding what to make - I hadn't seen it before and though it was just so cute
Called Sweet Dreams -  it's available here


as always there are great prizes up for grabs
 - even better prizes if you use an image from TPS!

Challenge prize badge


I have to say I was very undecided about how to tackle this and started off with just the image coloured on  the white background - but I knew I had to go for it and colour it dark blue for the night sky - I have to say it was pretty scary! -I used 3 shades of blue B95, B93 and B91 and I actually quite like (and was relieved) how it turned out.  It's such a lovely image for a card for a baby - quite simple really but with gorgeous details.  It "felt" better as a baby boy card - just because the sky  background is blue but I think it would work equally well for a baby girl with the right papers.  The colours look darker in this photograph - the curse of the winter months! - the card looks a lot more yellow than it is - its actually a dark cream and rather pretty : )

This is what I did...

Image - sweet dreams from TPS
Coloured with copics and prismacolor pencils
Card - Bazzill Basics
Papers - LOTV
Sentiment - produced in word
Flowers - WOC
Ribbon - Carnmeal cottage
Circle dies - Spellbinders
leaf punch - Martha Stewart

The DT girls over at TPS have made some really fab creations this week - hope you'll pop over there for some inspiration and join in the fun

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Everybody art - circle on the card
Through the craftroom door - anything goes


hugs
Judith xx






8 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Judith you are so right this image is so cute and it lovely for a new baby card, love the two tone colour choice. Stunning card design and colouring. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Scrappy Scatty said...

awwww so sweet xx

brenda said...

A fabulous colour palette Judith and lovely card.

B x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Very cute and pretty Judith. Don't worry about us lesser mortals stuck here in the English climate. Lol!!! Seriously have a great time.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Wendy said...

Awwww so cute! this is gorgeous Judith.
Hope you are having a fabulous time.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Crafting with Darcy said...

Aw! What a darling baby card!! I think the image is precious and your fellow flowers are so perfect!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door!
Hugs
Darcy

Unknown said...

What a sweet image! The design of your card is fabulous, as is the coloring! Nicely done. Thank you for sharing and thank you for joining us this week at TTCRD.
Cindy- DT Member TTCRD

Andrea said...

Very nice creation - I like it so much! Thanks for joining EAC.
Hugs
Andrea-Emmi41