My lovely followers

Thursday 27 November 2014

It's a Champagne supanova from me!

Good morning all

Shall I say it again - from sunny Florida
 - that's slightly more sunny than yesterday!
and as I'm in USA - Happy Thanksgiving

Its time for another challenge over at 

Moving Along with the Times

This time its the lovely Hazel who is hosting 
and she chose the theme 

Inspired by a song

I have to say my creativity was going into overdrive trying to get all my DT projects done before I came away on holiday - I was determined to get them all done - but struggling

My daughter Alison  inherited the creative gene but never has enough time to do very much.  But she got it in her head that she would make glittered champagne glasses for her Christmas table.  She was supposed to be having her in-laws at their house for Christmas dinner this year - a first time Christmas dinner for Steven and Alison to prepare.  Somewhere along the line this changed into everyone coming to our house instead - so we have 11 for Christmas dinner this year- just as well we have a big table!!   I have to say we are all looking forward to it - I'm sure it will be fun.  We get on well with Stevens family - we've all been on holiday together to Florida a couple of times and had a great time

Anyway this has had the effect of sending Alison into Christmas overdrive!! So we decided to do a joint project - a bit like the Christmas dinner, I got roped in- and this was the result

So my inspiration song is 

Champagne Supanova -by Oasis


Alison went off and got a set of champagne glasses from Tesco
 and some Champagne from Aldi - just to have a go!
I got the crafty stuff together and....

This is what we did ....

Glasses and bottle were coated with dishwasher safe Mod Podge
The base of the glasses and bottle label/top was masked off with masking tape
Coated with fine gold glitter
then coated again with two layers of Mod Podge -being sure to seal right over the edges

They were then left to air dry - and are top shelf dishwasher safe in 28 days - in plenty of time for Christmas.  We really enjoyed making these - very glitter messy as you can imagine - even the dog got glittered and there's not a room in the house that doesn't contain glitter - probably for the next 12 months.  

They'll make fab gifts - I've also been "persuaded" to make boxes for them with my Crafters Companion large scoreboard (see yesterdays post re boxes!!) - so that's my job when I get home - goodness only knows how many sets there'll be by then - I'm led to believe that we now have a full set for our Christmas table  and gifts galore in an assortment of glitter colours - i think she's gone totally mad lol.

So go on get going with Christmas madness glitter and glue and your champagne supernovas!!

Hugs 
Judith xx



7 comments:

Whisper said...

Oooo what an absolutely super idea and a lovely gift too - i'm so jealous it's cold here at the moment and miserable :-(, Luv Sam x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really awesome Judith.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sue B said...

Oh Wowzer!! what style and elegance Judith!!! they will make great gifts!! and how posh your Christmas Dining Table will look… think it will give Kate and Wills a run for their money!! ;-)
Glad the weather has brightened up a bit there! not so here I'm afraid... didn't come light today!! Lol
Happy Thanksgiving!
Big Hugs
Sue B xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh how fab Judith, I love glitter and what a wonderful idea! Susan x

Jennifer said...

Wow, Judith, these are fantastic. Your Christmas table will look superb!!

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Fabby Florida!!! Hope you have a great time. Argh Black Friday today, Hope you are safe from all the mad shoppers!!! Love these glasses and champers, They look amazing!!! Love Hazelxx

Janice said...

Fantastic Judith, such a super crafty make! Bet you were in a right mess at the end of all this, but well worth it. Now all we need to see is your Christmas table all set! Have a fun time in Florida, I have a feeling you might! Jx