My lovely followers

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Have a Beary Happy Christmas xx

Good morning all

Well its Wednesday again and another week has been marked off in the countdown to Christmas
I'm so pleased that we started the monthly Christmas challenges at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this year and as its the last week of the month today is the day for Octobers Christmas Challenge

I have myself a nice little stash of Christmas cards now- well over 20 - so much better than I've done other years and I'm thinking that I might not have such a panic over cards this year - phew!!

So as usual for our Christmas challenge it's an easy one 

Christmas

My card is made with one of the really cute bears from Stampart Design by Kathryne 
This is one of the bears in Little Bears Winter Fun set
and the sentiment comes with it too 

Available here from Stampart Design by Kathryne at Whimsy Stamps 

We are proudly sponsored at Fab'n'Funky this week 
by 


and

Dilly Beans Digi Stamps

there are great prizes up for grabs - call over to the challenge blog here to see details of the challenge and the fab designs that the DT girls made this week

I  love colouring Kathy's cute bear images and this one was no exception,  I always use the same colours to colour my bears Copics E40, E41 and E43 - but shock horror - I found my E43 totally dried out!! - I've sent for a new refill but it forced me to use a new colour combo - and I rather liked it. For this one I used E35, E34 and E31 and a touch of E33 too.  I rather like the colour its sort of traditional golden teddy bear,  after that he's simply shaded with a grey prismacolor pencil and there he is a golden coloured teddy bear!!

I'm loving these dies I bought from Wild Rose studios - it's the first of their dies I've bought - and it definitely won't be the last - they cut beautifully first time (no poking out the pieces  and turning on the diecutting platform to get it to cut ) - I was well impressed.  The corner die has been cut several times and cut and pieced to make the border and the snowflake on the ribbon.  It really is very versatile.

This is what I did...

Image and sentiment - Little bear winter fun from Stampart design by Kathryne
Coloured with copics and prismacolour pencils
Papers - 12 days of Christmas from Dovecraft
Vintage seam binding ribbon - Crafty Ribbons
Dies - Snowflake corner and Snow Frame from Wild Rose studios
           Sentiment cut with Sue Wilson Saltzberg from the Austrian collection
Glamour dust added to snowflakes for a little bit of sparkle

I hope to see your Christmas cards at Fab'n'Funky this week - you know you really need to!!

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Christmas with sweet stamping - snowflakes (12/11)
Crafty creations challenge -brads buttons or bows (12/11)
Simon says - anything goes (5/11)
divas by design - anything goes (5/11)
PDE linky party - easel cards (4/11)
Polka doodles- christmas fu)n (31/10


Hugs
Judith xx



17 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so cute Judith, love those dies they are really pretty. I have made 51 Christmas cards so far. Lol!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Judith, such a sweet image, stunning colouring and wonderful design. I am a big fan of the Wild Rose Studio dies too!
hugs Sue xx

Jacquel said...

I'm loving your card Judith! Those dies are awesome...I may have to look into those & you colored that image so beautifully...I just love it!

Thank you for having me as Guest Designer & for the heads up about the DT call!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Beautiful Judith, your new dies look gorgeous! Susan x

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous Judith, love your dies and adorable bear.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Judith, beautifully coloured and I'm lovin the snowflakes. p.s. I'm working on getting you wedding pics :) hugs, Pat K xx

Kat W said...

A gorgeous design - such a cute bear and the die cuts are so pretty :-)
You're certainly way more organised with the Christmas cards than me!

Hugs, Kat x

Virginia L. said...

This is BERRY sweet! I love the interactive part and how you used the dies and images! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

starcyl said...

Great card and lovely colouring. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this time.
Jenny x
Polkadoodles DT

Pat said...

Beautiful card Judith, love all those gorgeous die cuts, cute image and lovely bp.

Pat xx

Alison said...

I really like tartan papers - might be because I'm Scottish - but they do look so Christmassy. I love your card design, the super cute image and all those fab die cuts.
Hugs, Alison x

Willeke said...


What a pretty card, it's really something special!
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challengeblog,
Hugs
Willeke

Janis Lewis said...

He's precious! Great card! Thanks for linking up at PDE Linky Party! ~DT & Owner, Janis

Sarah-Jane said...

Great Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane DT x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

LOVE those tartan papers Judith and those pretty dies look fab in white against the tartan. Gorgeous card. Hugs, Wends x

Rachel said...

Fab card Judith - love the tartan background. Cute image too.

Thank you for sharing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin this month, Wedgie xxx

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely X-mas card with great embellishments. Thank you for joining our 'brads, buttons or bows' challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges' and please come back again on Wednesday to see who is the winner.
Hugs,
Anna xxx