My lovely followers

Thursday 16 October 2014

We're having a white out!

Good morning all

Hoping you are all bright and breezy this morning and that the weather is being kind to you in your little corner of the world.  As for my post title - no we're not having snow here in the frozen north of England  but we do want to see your white cards at Moving Along With The Times this week, so a little snow is definitely a good thing - well on your card at least!

The theme this week is 

White Only

I decided to have a play with my dies to make this card and it turned out pretty much as I had in mind - which if you knew how I mess on with this type of card is an achievement in itself!!
It's another one of those big 8x8 inch cards - I'm on a real roll with these big Christmas cards just now.  My main problem was getting a good photograph. I got a couple of really weird ones where the words and embossing sort of reversed - strangely enough it looked ok upside down as I was manipulating it in my photo editor to try to do something with it - but I thought you might like to see it the right way up, so after much repositioning and changing of lights I finally got it!!


I have been having a little retail therapy this past week to cheer myself up and part of my shop was some new Christmas dies and together with some old favourites they were perfect for this card.  I also had a good old shop when Anna Griffin visited QVC this week, I just love her range  - I got the lovely bow dies, the Christmas card kit for quick and easy lovely cards (I'd rather buy this kit than buy cards - I just can't bear to buy Christmas cards!!) I also got some stamps and a big hole in my bank balance!! - the card kit came today and if you like vintage style its well worth it - as everything is in there down to the inserts and envelopes -and there'll be lots of embellies left over for some inspired creations!

This is what I did,,,,,,

8x8 inch card 
White card
Sparkle embellies from creative expressions
Noel die - Sue Wilson at Creative expressions
Snowflake corner die (I used 4 to make a frame) - Wild Rose Studios
Layered poinsettia dies - Spellbinders - my favourite poinsettia die by far
Leafy spruce looking thing!! -Mariannes creatables (I think its called mistletoe?)  - coated with 
Cosmic shimmer jewels - iced snow

I hope I've inspired you to make a WOW (white on white card)  I think they make very elegant special Christmas cards which are really quite easy to make once you get all the dies cut and embossed, I think I'll make a couple more while I'm on a roll! 

There are some really beautiful cards over at MAWTT - if you need some more persuasion to have a go click here!

hugs 
Judith



16 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A beautiful white on white card Judith. Some gorgeous dies there and love the sparkle! Susan x

Janice said...

Great job Judith - a very elegent and lovely card here. So pretty and worth repeating for sure. Have a great day, Jx

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful Judith, love all the pretty dies and sparkle.
Hugs
Wendy xx

Wendy L said...

Love it all Judith, so much detail, so pretty, xxxx

Pat said...

Gorgeous Judith, love all your beautiful dies and the card design.

Pat xx

Alison said...

This is just gorgeous, Judith. I've never made an all white card - but seeing this I have to have a go!!
Alison x

Sue said...

I love this Judith. Such gorgeous die cuts and your design is beautiful.
hugs Sue xx

Sue B said...

Oh Wowzer!!! this is absolutely stunning Judith! Love the gorgeous dies that you've used and the fab layout… so many lovely little details… beautiful sparkles too! :-) I love WOW Christmas Cards... they are so elegant and pretty!
Hope you have a good day!
Big hugs
Sue B xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is fabby, what a great card. I didnt know Anna Griffin had crafty stuff this time on QVC I only saw her with some rather stunning bedding!! Love Hazel xx

Debs said...

Stunning card Judith - love the gorgeous die cuts and bling.
Debs xx

Carole said...

This is gorgeous Judith, so much texture.
Hugs
Carole xXx

Kat W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kat W said...

I'm always a little scared by making WOW cards but this is definitely inspiring me - it's just so elegant and pretty :-)
Might need to do some shopping myself for some new dies first though... lol!
I hope your retail therapy and crafting gives you some peace.

Big hugs, Kat x

mixamatoasties said...

It's beautiful Judith!

Susan xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous wow card Judith. I love all those dies and the fabulous way you've put them all together.
Lorraine x

Carole said...

This is a super card...I love WOW....very classy and fab dies. Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog...can I follow yours on blogger?